The following information is designed to offer guidance to those who will be presenting their work at the Congress. We appreciate that many of these points will already be familiar to you; however, we seek your co-operation in reading these guidelines and ask that you plan accordingly.
- Plenary and invited speakers are allocated 30 minutes - a presentation of 25 minutes and up to 5 mins for questions.
- Abstract speakers are allocated 15 minutes - a presentation of 12 minutes and up to 3 minutes for questions.
In order to keep the sessions running to schedule and allow questions from the audience it is very important to ensure presentations are within the allotted time.
Due to tight schedules, session chairpersons have been instructed to interrupt speakers who over run their allocated time. If you are interrupted, please be understanding of the requirement to keep to time for other presenters.
We are keen to ensure smooth transition between presenters and wish to avoid presenters using their own laptops at the lectern as this sometimes causes delays between presentations.
- Only PowerPoint presentations can be accepted. The aspect ratio for all screens is 4:3.
- Please bring your presentations on a USB memory stick and back-up copy to the Speaker Preview Room located in room 7 on the upper level of the ACC, at least 2 hours before the start of your session. Should you be presenting in a morning session, please check in the Speaker Preview Room the day prior to your presentation.
- You may supply your own laptop computer as a back-up, but please bring any adapters that you require to output to a VGA connection and HDMI. The venue has requested that anyone using their own laptop to go to the speaker preview room also to avoid any issues that may arise.
- If combining video films with PowerPoint, please bring the video as a separate file and ensure that it displays properly in the room where your lecture is taking place, during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session – even after checking it in the Speaker Preview Room.
- Presentations will be saved and run from a computer in the session room. You will still be in control of moving your slides back and forth.
- Please note that the Congress computers in the rooms are being supplied with Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Please meet with your session chairs at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the session in the session room.
Speaker Preview Room
There will be a Speaker Preview Room at the ACC Liverpool for all presenters to check and upload their presentations. Please do not hesitate to visit the Speaker Preview Room or ask one of the AV technicians for assistance should you need it during the conference. Technical support technicians will also be located in all session rooms.
Speaker Preview Room: Room 7 on the Upper Level of the ACC.
- Monday 2 December: 12:00 – 17:30
- Tuesday 3 December: 08:00 – 16:30
- Wednesday 4 December: 08:00 – 16:30
- Thursday 5 December: 08:30 – 16:30
All posters will be displayed in Hall 2 throughout the BSI Congress from Monday 2 December at 19:00 until Thursday 5 December to allow delegates to view posters during coffee breaks and lunch breaks.
There will be two dedicated poster viewing sessions during the Congress. Information on the allocation of poster numbers to poster sessions will be communicated before the Congress. Poster authors should attend their posters during the relevant session to allow Congress delegates to discuss their work with them.
- Poster Session 1 (ODD NUMBERED POSTERS): Tuesday 3 December 2019, 18:00 – 19:30
- Poster Session 2 (EVEN NUMBERED POSTERS): Wednesday 4 December 2019, 17:30 – 19:00
Preparing and displaying your poster
Posters should be printed in size A0 (841mm x 1189mm) in portrait orientation. Please refer to the diagram for further information.
- Posters should be prepared in advance by the presenters and brought to the Congress for display.
- Please note there will be no facility for onsite printing of posters at the Congress. Individual pieces of paper should be pre-mounted onto one large piece of paper or card.
- Boards will be clearly marked to indicate the poster number, which will correspond to the poster list in the conference programme you receive at registration. You will need to check the programme on arrival to find out your poster number.
- Posters should be fixed with Velcro which will be available on the boards.
- Please store any poster tubes in the cloakroom available in the Lower Galleria at the ACC Liverpool.
The poster area will be open from 17:00 on Monday 2 December and posters must be removed by 16:30 hours at the latest on Thursday 5 December. Should any posters not be removed by this time, the Congress staff will take them down and no responsibility can be taken for their safe return.